Record results for Sidney Stringer Students at GCSE
This year schools are being judged on a new headline called "Progress 8" which measures the progress a child makes in all the subjects and not just English and Maths. Our unvalidated progress 8 score is +0.77 which is really high and we think this will be one of the highest scores in the city.
However if we are comparing performance against similar headings to last year then you will see from the table below that we have improved on the old headline figure of 5 A*-C including English and Maths by 10% on last year. The percentage of students getting a C grade or above in English and Maths has improved by 12%
Maths results improved by 14% and are the best results the department has ever had. English have maintained their really high percentage at 75%
Record number of A* grades for Sidney Stringer A level students
Staff and students are celebrating another year of very successful A level results. This includes a 100% pass rate for students for the second year running which is really impressive.
- We had a 100% pass rate which is really impressive.
- 50% of our pupils got A*-B which is even better that last year when we achieved 49%
- An amazing 8% of our students achieved A*. This is something we are very proud of as last year only 2% achieved this and a tremendous achievement. 8% is the highest we have ever had and is also in line with national average- something we have been striving to achieve for many years.
There will be an individual meeting with your child’s form tutor on Tuesday 6th September. An appointment time will be posted to you shortly. If this time is inconvenient then you will be able to contact the school to arrange an alternative time.
School starts for all students at 8.40 a.m. on Wednesday 7th September.
1. Uniform is available to purchase in advance. Visit the Academy online shop. There is a link on the right hand side of this page. The uniform will be delivered to the Academy and you can collect it from reception w/c 22nd August between 10.00 a.m. till 3.30 p.m.
2. Uniform will be on sale at the Academy on the following dates:
Sidney Stringer Academy wins award for exceptional 2015 results
Sidney Stringer Academy has been nationally recognised for its exceptional 2015 performance by the Schools, Students and Teachers network (SSAT).
Sidney Stringer Wins TOP Pupil Premium award
Sidney Stringer was one of 27 Secondary schools to be invited to London for the final of the National Pupil Premium Awards organised by the Times Educational Supplement. The awards were presented by the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and the Schools Minister David Laws.
Radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
Sidney Stringer Academy are working together with partner agencies to help keep children safe.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise against travel to Syria.
Changes to free school meal applications
There has been some changes to the school meals and from Monday 14th December the school's team will no longer be processing the applications.